Xylitol and your pets
We’ve talked before about how toxic xylitol is to pets (cats and dogs)… that’s the artificial sweetener found in a lot of sugar-free foods. But your dog is most likely to encounter xylitol in sugar-free gum that’s been spit out on the street or sidewalk. And if your dog gets it on their paws, and tries to lick it off, they could get really sick. So always check your dog’s paws after a walk… and if there’s gum stuck to their pads, get some vegetable oil and rub it all around. It’ll practically disintegrate the gum within seconds – so you can safely wipe it away.